ENTRANCE TEST FOR Ph.D. /M.Sc. (Engg.) DEGREE BY RESEARCH - 2013
|The new date of Phd Entrance Examination is October 27th 2013.
Venue : Govt. Model HSS for Girls,
Pattom from 10.00 am - 1.00 pm
The candidates shall bring the downloaded hallticket and ID Proof at the time of appearing for the examination.
|The Withheld candidates can rectify the defects by 26/10/2013, 3.00pm|
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
Candidates should apply online for the entrance test and send the hard copy of the application along with the required enclosures and fees to The Registrar, University of Kerala, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram. Be careful while entering the details. Details submitted once cannot be edited. All relevant documents proving qualification, teaching experience etc. should be send along with the application.
Read the notification and instructions carefully before registration.
- Scanned copy of the photograph of the applicant [not more than the size of 40 KB].
- Scanned copy of the signature of the applicant [not more than the size of 40 KB].
- Only .jpg(small letter .jpg ) images are allowed.
The cost of application form is Rs. 10/- and the fee for the test is Rs.750/-.For candidates belonging to scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, the fee for the test is Rs. 375/-(Rs 10/- service charge in case of DD).
- All remittances should be either through University Cash Counter/Friends counter, State Bank of Travancore, State Bank of India or District Co-operative Bank drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Kerala, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Copies of Master's Degree Certificate and Mark List attested by a Gazetted Officer should be sent along with the application. Candidates who have qualified from universities outside Kerala University should produce copy of Eligibility Certificate. Pass Memo will be issued only on submission of eligibility certificate even if qualified in the entrance test.
- The photographs in the hard copy of application and hall ticket should be attested by a Gazetted Officer and the name and designation of the Officer should be clearly shown with round seal.
- Copy of relevant certificate in the case of SC/ST candidates attested by a Gazetted Officer(clearly shown with round seal) should be send along with the application.
- Candidates who have appeared for Master's Degree Examination and whose results are awaiting should send an attested copy of the Hall Ticket along with the application ( Last semester/year only will be considered). The applicant should have scored a minimum of 55% [45% for SC/ST] in aggregate at the Qualifying exam[PG/BTech].
If letter grades are assigned instead of marks at qualifying examination, the candidate must produce grade conversion certificate.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded.
- Incomplete application will be summarily rejected
Candidates should note that qualifying in the General Aptitude Test does not imply that they have been granted registration for research leading to Ph.D/M.Sc. (Engineering) Degree by Research. Separate application should be made for registration. The verification of the eligibility conditions with reference to the recognition of their qualifying degree and compliance of other formalities will be taken up only when the candidate applies for registration.
The University reserves the right to reject any application for proper reasons adduced therewith.
SCHEME OF THE TEST
THE ENTRANCE TEST WILL CONSIST OF 3 SECTIONS.
Section A : A test consists of questions (Multiple choice) designed to assess the Candidate's General Knowledge in Arts, Literature, Science, Social Science, Medicine, Communication, Engineering and almost all branches of knowledge. No choice will be given (40 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each, Duration 40minutes) Section A will be common for all candidates. (40marks)
Section B: To test the candidate's capability of defining certain concepts through short answers.12 questions out of 16 are to be answered (12x10=120 marks, Duration - 100minutes). In section B Candidates should answer questions only from the subject in which he/she seeks registration as indicated in the application form. (120marks)
Section C: To test the candidate's ability to tackle research problems. One long answer question which should test the research potential of the candidate in the subject. One question out of 3 is to be answered. Duration - 40minutes - 40 marks. In section C also candidates should answer questions only from the subject in which he/she seeks registration, as indicated in the application form.
Section B&C are combined in one question paper.
As detailed above the total marks for the test is 200. All the 3 sections will test the candidate's capacity to handle language, knowledge of subject and research aptitude. University expects only those candidates who are genuinely interested in the expansion of knowledge in their particular field and deeply committed to a regular habit of library use to participate in the University's research programme.
While applying for the Eligibility Test, the candidates should carefully choose the subject/area of interest according to their qualifying PG Degree in the case of inter-disciplinary subject.
THE SUBJECTS OFFERED ARE AS FOLLOWS.
- All Subjects for which there are University Departments
- There shall be only one question paper for Bio-Technology and Microbiology. Questions for
Medical Bio-chemistry comes under Biochemistry.
- Politics and Public Administration will be combined in one question paper.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Architecture( inclusive of Town Planning)
- Computer Science and Engineering.
- Electrical & Electronics
- Electronics & Communications
- Mechanical Engineering
- Basic Medical Science (Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology & Pathology ).
- Medicine and Allied Specialities (Gynaecology,Paediatrics, Radiology, Psychiatry &
- Surgery and Allied Specialities (Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics and General Aspects of
- Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Dentistry (Including all nine branches)
In case of doubts regarding subjects, contact us at email@example.com